What to Do Next

What to do Next if you have been Injured by a Defective Prescription Drug or Medical Device

A Defective Prescription Drug and Medical Device Attorney to Guide you from Start to Finish

At the Law Offices of Ronald B. Laba, we have helped get hundreds of millions of dollars in well-deserved compensation for our clients. We know that for many people who are injured by defective prescription drugs and defective medical devices, they have many questions including:  what should I do next?

Seek Medical Attention

While this may seem like obvious advice, innumerable people struggle through pain or discomfort without reporting their symptoms to a doctor. If you are experiencing any signs or symptoms from a defective medical device or defective prescription drug, seek immediate medical attention.

While a doctor may have prescribed a drug that caused you harm or implanted a medical device that failed you, the doctor is usually not to blame. The drug or device manufacturer is ultimately responsible for making sure their products are safe. In addition to seeking relief from pain, reporting your symptoms to a doctor will also indicate a need for medical help. If you do not seek medical attention, the drug company or device manufacturer may later claim that this is proof that your symptoms are not significant. This is one of the many arguments they use to discredit victims. See “6 Ways that Drug Companies Try to Fool You” to see some of their other tactics.

Protect your Rights by Taking Immediate Action

After suffering an injury or experiencing the need for replacement surgery, a statute of limitations restricts the amount of time you have to make a claim. Some people wait too long to make a claim and cannot collect any money at all. They are stuck with long-term medical complications, lost wages, and life-long difficulties without any compensation. If you have any suspicions that you have been injured by a defective drug or medical device, call 800-490-2222 for a free consultation with an attorney. Complete this confidential form and we can begin assisting you almost immediately.

Keep Prescriptions, Pill Bottles, Receipts and Similar Records

Keep all the prescription related materials if you can. Do this even if they appear to be insignificant.

If you can, make a list of the names and addresses of each doctor who prescribed to you the medication in question. Also, make a list of each pharmacy that filled your prescriptions of the medication in question. Additionally, write down the name and address of each doctor (or hospital) that diagnosed or treated you for your pharmaceutical or medical device related injury. This is information that is always needed by the law office when we are first investigating your potential claim.

As you are considering legal action, contact us anytime online or call us at 800-490-2222. We are here to help and we have the experience to assist you at any stage of your case.

Warning: Undefined global variable $_SESSION in /home/heewonvps23/drug-injury-lawyer.com/wp-content/themes/master/page.php on line 45

Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/heewonvps23/drug-injury-lawyer.com/wp-content/themes/master/page.php on line 45